Friday, March 04, 2005

Another crocheted scarf

Just finished another crocheted scarf using leftovers. I did a simple dc with some sc in white and had enough of the last blue to sc all around. This is so long I could wear it also as a hat and a scarf at the same time! I also finished the first sleeve on the Kaffe Fassett grid sweater. I bought two kits so each child will get one and whenever they turn up, they have to be measured. Looks like my daughter will get this first one as the armhole needs to be longer for my son. Or if I wanted to give it to him, I could just cut out part of the armhole at the bottom to enlarge it and then make the sleeves longer and wider. But winter is almost over here and I still have so many wips to finish.
It was a nice surprise yesterday to get a phonecall from my son. Earlier this week he called from London and Paris and when he suggested yesterday we meet up for coffee, I was really surprised. He's heading soon to his new job in Singapore so he could make a few days stopover on his way. I will give him Dayana's mail as they will most likely meet somewhere before I reach her.
Non knit and non crochet: This week I stopped into a fabric store in the next town to ask where beading stores were and my eye was held by a lovely leftover piece in pretty blues. Cost me about $2 and this will be sewn into two simple scarves. I will try to crochet something in white on the edges to make it fancier. These could be lovely presents as summertime scarves.
I joined my second bead class this week as the first one had to close due to lack of students. I'm on the same level as the other students and it seems to be a very nice place being an arts' center. WE are learning to do Dutch spiral which is fun and easy also.
I'm also reading a mystery in Hebrew which is written in easy enough Hebrew to make it a pleasure. Some of the translated mysteries in Hebrew are written in such a high level Hebrew that it really annoys me, especially when the English was not so difficult. I had to borrow this one from the local library as I think I did buy it once, but someone must have borrowed it. Anyway, the librarian was also in my bead class so she doesn't bother me with overdues.
Turns out my family doctor is also a beader and she says it's good therapy.

No comments: