Sunday, December 23, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I found these bugles in Singapore and at the time was too new to know what to do with them. The other day I realized I could do ladder stitch with them and then add other beads in brick stitch. The crystals were added every other bead not in brick stitch.I was thinking of adding some pink beads on top but Tami said better as it is.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
A good basic intro to the world of ganseys.
I'm planning on making more of these. I'm using the Toho 1-g thread which is fanstasic to work with. It doesn't fray, is easy to thread, doesn't make knots. Perfect for me. There are 12 colors at this time. It's made of nylon a nd seems to go a long way.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Saturday, December 08, 2007
I used the final pattern: 101 in the 101 stitches for afghans book by Jean Leinhauser. The yarn was a cotton/acrylic called Topacio by Valeria di Roma bought from Elann. I think it's a good one for a baby and easy for the mommy to take care of.
I originally bought the Neatby bicycle sweater but found it would be too much work plus I stopped riding my bicycle anyway. So I contacted Shelridge Farm and they were very nice to me sending me the instructions for the Strata sweater plus a little more wool to complete it. I decided it would be nice as a raglan so changed the instructions using my J. Fee book for that. I did follow the row color guide exactly though. It's a nice medium weight sweater not as warm as my arans but definitely useful.
I started this sweater some years ago with the online email group but after doing one sleeve, I stopped and only picked it up again recently. I am very satisfied
with it after I made one change. I added ribbing for a neckline to make it warmer for me. I also found one mistake in the pattern added across the front and back from the Barbara Walker book. There's a mistake in row 2 and the last k2 shouldn't be
there. I did follow the pattern otherwise for the largest size for 42" chest. I used Forsell Slalom aran yarn bought on Elann also many years ago a nd I needed 15 balls of 50 grams each at 90 meters each. Needle size was 4mm and ribbing 3.5mm. I made my sleeve 17" long and the front and back sections were 24" long with about 8" for the neckline. The left sleeve came in a bit less than 17" but it doesn't seem to present a problem. For the bottom I changed from her instructions to do a hem with a thinner yarn and instead just decreased the stitches 10% and did a k2,p2 ribbing. My length on the body section was 14" total. It could have been a bit longer. I may decide to make it again but I don't want to make that lattice section from the BW book. I found it difficult to remember and had to use a row marker in order to do it right. The other cables though were nice and easy making it a fairly quick sweater to make. I never did understand EZ's final notes about making the sleeves narrower at the top as it seemed to be just fine as it was.