Monday, June 02, 2008
This was begun maybe 30 years ago with yarns I brought from America: Spinnerin mainly. I can't seem to find the pattern now. I think it was one of the yarn comapany pamphlets with about 60 some patterns. There are a lot less here as I just decided finally to sew them up. It's now a lapghan and I plan on gifting it to my friend in a wheelchair who is always cold.
Finally this afghan from the Walker Learn to knit afghan book is finished. I must have started it about 30 years ago! The problem was that the squares were uneven and I didn't have confidence in sewing them up. I was thinking I'd need to block them or add some more rows around some of the squares or something but turned out to be very easy to just sew them up because the yarn used was Spinnerin wool and wool stretches. Not all the squares in her book are here as I didn't care finally to knit anymore but just finish what I've got.