Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Handpainted yarn from Uruguay

I'm following the tracking of a shipment on DHL from Montivideo, Uruguay to me in Israel of handpainted yarn. It left Uruguay on the 16th of Feb and reached Cologne, Germany on the 19th. That day it got to Brussels in Belgium. On the 20th it reached Bergamo in Italy and late in the night arrived in Tel Aviv where it was sent to customs. Today, the 21st, it has left customs and should reach me by the end of the day. When it arrives I will take a picture. This is so exciting for me.

Meanwhile I've started an entrelac shawl in some yarn sent to me as a gift by Carol in the teal color. It's Tibet from the Himalayan yarn co which is 50% silk/ 50% wool. I'm using two books to help me design this plus I was inspired by a picture I saw on a site of jojoland of such a shawl. The new Elaine Eskesen book on Silk knits has a cover picture which uses the teal color which is what I have plus other brighter colors. I decided to use the teal as my mc along with stash yarns mainly of the Brown Sheep worsted yarns. Then Brenda Horne's book :Enjoy entrelac knitting (1993) has instructions to make a small purse and I have taken that as the base to make this shawl. I will have to add triangles at the top row and do some kind of edging also.

No comments: