Monday, February 19, 2007
Armagh is the Starmore sweater in her Celtic collection. I used Jaggerspun Maine dk (colors are black and royal) instead of the Rowan in the pattern. I decided to knit the sleeves separately knitting them from the ribbing up to the armcycle, so I got help from the fairisle email group who suggested I use the 3 needle bind-off to attach the sleeves to the body. It took me many hours but I'm happy with the result. I made the sleeves a bit longer as I'm gifting it to a wonderful woman/doctor who helped me solve a medical problem after my medical group came up with a really awful ultrasound that was very scary but turned out to be just fine at the end. Looks like I'll be around to finish a few more AS sweaters!
I also have decided I've been knitting the sweaters for myself too big. I lost over 10 kilo this past year but I didn't change my knitting size and I finally realized that my raglans are coming out much bigger than I need. So now I've started to change that and on the needles is a raglan that is about 4" less in the body and the sleeves will also be about 1" less and I think I'll also knit less rows before I begin the raglan shaping. If it works then I can knit the Mountain Colors yarn I recently bought which is just stunning.