Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Topping Yellowknife vest


I nearly finished this vest last year and finally just now found buttons and put them on. The big problem was the buttonhole section because the directions called for two layers in st st folded over so how do you do the buttonholes? I knew of the Neatby method and figured that would do but since I didn't have it I ended up figuring out my own technique. I have to say I got better as I went along!
The yarn is J&S and I think the pattern and colors are gorgeous. There were no mistakes. However if I were to redo it, I would definitely do a different buttonhole without the double layer.
I feel this fairisle vest is one of the loveliest I've ever made. You can find the kit at Wool and Wicker .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice vest! :)