Saturday, December 18, 2004

coloroncolour scarf knitalong


I'm working the Kathryn Alexander scarf along with a yahoo group called coloroncolour. There may be a few problems along the way so it's nice to have a group project. The scarf was published in the Pam Allen, ed book called "Scarf style" and is probably the most exciting pattern in that book although there are several others I may just knit. I decided to hold fast to my yarn diet and therefore am using my stash for this one and besides I don't much care for the Paternayan persian yarns for this scarf. Because I'm using mainly Brown Sheep and some thin J&S and Rowan yarns, I don't have to struggle to make the Paternayan two ply or one ply but just knit along. I also don't have a colorcard so I'm winging it on the colors too. The fairisle ribbing section is shown in the two photos below.

So far I seem to be on gauge and working fast so maybe I can still wear it while we are having winter over here.

My son arrived with a box of beads from South AFrica and they are going to be used up in various projects. However, I do think the beads I find here are more interesting. However, the price was good as he refused payment! He's traveling around the world so I need to ask him about Bali beads as he'll be in Jakarta shortly.

I'm also working on the KF mystic stripes sweater and was going to give some hints about how to do this thing which has 170 rows of stripes before it repeats which is basically a new color with every row and a real pita. Anyway, after the scarf, I'll go back to the mystic. I did make an excell chart for it and keyed it to a colorcard by letter so it does make the whole thing much easier.

No comments: