Friday, October 29, 2004

Winter is a-coming


Even though the weather is still hotter than usual for this time of year, I no longer can wait. It's time to knit wool. So I've got a few new projects on the needles finally. There's a Nancy Wiseman diamond type cardigan bought at Stitches East in '98. Yarn is Noro Kureopatora which is 100% wool and is a worsted wt. 50 gram ball=110 meters and needle size is approx 4.5. I'm using 4mm. People have been telling me that this is just another modular kit like the Horst Schulz stuff, but to me it's not more of the same. The whole idea is to CO an uneven # of sts (I's using 21 sts) and you dec 2 sts in the center on every knit row by sl 2, k1 and psso. It's fun and fast. When you reach just one stitch left you put it on a safety pin and continue picking up more sts from the row below. In order to make sure it comes out the right size I begin with a sleeve as now my DD has told me she likes it. I recall buying 2 extra balls just in case she wanted it.

No comments: