Thursday, October 07, 2004

Hongkong journey

I just got home from a month visiting my daughter in Hongkong where I had a great time adding to my stash and making 3 new girlfriends. We also went to Tokyo and to Beijing. I was able to find yarnstores everywhere and mostly bought yarns and equipment I'd never seen before. I'm also getting interested in beads so I found bead stores everywhere and I think what I bought is definitely superior to what I bought here before my trip. I'm hoping to return in a year after I get through my stash additions!

I made 3 knitting girlfriends in Hongkong: Eva, Marjorie and Siow Chin. We spent many hours together exploring the yarnstores in Hongkong and Kowloon and the delights of dim sum and tea shops. We found a common interest in our knitting as they are all avid knitters and they asked me to help them with fair isle which is of course my very favorite type of knitting.

No comments: