Wednesday, July 11, 2007

crocheting shawls

I'm not able for some reason to upload the picture of my new cotton shawl that I crocheted. The pattern was from Leinhauser/Weiss: 100 crochet projects. Now I'm struggling with a simple pattern from the Harmony crochet book called shell and v. The pattern is basically one row which repeats after the first one. I think it has a mistake though. But realizing that 7 balls of cotton (120 metres each) wouldn't be enough, I went back and am now struggling to make it a triangle which means basically inc one shell or v at each end every other row.

Beading: I got into stringing finally after just doing beadweaving. It's a rapid way to make necklaces using bigger beads a nd a good way to use up my beads. Or it would be but I have to buy more beads to finish off the ones I have. I'm not sure this will end anytime soon. One of the big stores in downtown Tel Aviv is going out of business and I found a terrific size 6 gold seed bead from France for half price so had to return again to pick up more w hen I saw how nice they were. Of course, there were other good beads that I also had to bring home. I finally taught myself how to make dangly earrings with chain so now everything is dangles. I'm making matching earrings for some of the necklaces. However, I really need to move on to working with my crystals.

Knitting: I'm making an aran cardi for dd in cotton using the famous Paton's pattern http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500989%20. This one is so easy and fast to make. I did change the moss stitches on the ends though to rev st st. The pattern is on the back of the booklet and is called must have cardigan.

No comments: