Friday, March 09, 2007

DOMY heather


3 skeins of Domy heather in bayberry color. Fingering weight. Each skein is 475 yds or 434 meters, 100 grams each. It comes from Old Mill yarns in Michigan and costs $7.95 per skein plus postage of course. I've got a pattern from Goddess knits called "Diamonds are a girls best friend" and this calls for 1120 yds in this weight of yarn.

Meanwhile my old friend, the Spanish christening shawl from the Oberle Folk shawls book, is nearing completion. I will finish the edging today. It looks really big and that's before blocking. This shawl traveled with me last year to South Africa and has been going all over Israel while I worked on the edging. The center section was much nicer to do and if I were ever to do it again, I would definitely do a smaller edging.

No comments: