Saturday, July 01, 2006

Diaange raglan


Another fast raglan using yarn bought in Tokyo. This is Diakeito yarn called Diaange and it took 9 -40 gram balls. It's 90% wool and perhaps something like alpaca or whatever. It's very light to wear but also warm. I paid $60 two years ago for the yarn with one ball remaining. My first impression of the yarn was not good as I could see a core with yarns coming from that but I think it was only when the red colors were being used. After a while I decided I liked it anyway but I wouldn't buy it again.
The yarn works up nicely as a raglan with self striping. I'm standing in my new kitchen.

1 comment:

mariannev said...

Dear Marian,
It was great meeting you and your friends in Missenden. I hope you had a great outing in Amersham. Tell me if I am writing on the correct spot as I am a blog beginner. I tried to meet a friend teacher who lives in London but she told me she will be in Jerusalem for a week, bad luck isn't it? I wish you a nice time next week and would you be so kind as to put Tamy and Marylin in my new blog as well.I am so happy you did this for me.
kiss,
marianne